REPORTS TO: Head of School
We are looking for multi-disciplinary teachers who deliver up to level 2 in subjects including careers, Science, PE, Wellbeing, Enrichment, Equality and Diversity, Art (this list is not exhaustive).
Key Stage 3 & 4 vocational teachers develop schemes of work and lesson plans in line with curriculum objectives. They facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with students, and by their organisation of learning resources and the classroom learning environment.
Progress School teachers develop and foster the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children, according to age, ability, and aptitude.
They assess and record progress and prepare students for examinations. They link students’ knowledge to earlier learning and develop ways to encourage it further, and challenge and inspire students to help them deepen their knowledge and understanding.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Tasks are broadly the same for all Progress Schools Vocational teachers and include:
- Teach allocated students by planning their teaching to achieve progression of learning through
- Identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed;
- Setting tasks that challenge students and ensure high levels of interest;
- Setting appropriate and demanding expectations;
- Setting clear targets, building on prior attainment
- Be aware of and make provision for students who are AEN/SEN, gifted and talented, LAC or who have other particular individual needs;
- Providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge;
- Making effective use of assessment and ensure coverage of programmes of study;
- Ensuring effective teaching and best use of available time;
- Maintaining discipline in accordance with the school’s procedures and encouraging good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework;
- Using a variety of teaching methods to:
(i) match approach to content, structure information, present a set of key ideas and use appropriate
(ii) use effective questioning, listen carefully to students, give attention to errors and misconceptions
(iii) select appropriate learning resources and develop study skills through library, ICT and other
- Ensuring students acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate
to the subject taught:
- Evaluating own teaching critically to improve effectiveness;
- Ensuring the effective and efficient deployment of classroom support;
- Liaise with the Head of School to ensure the implementation of school policy and best
To find out more and view the full Person Specification, please click here.
To apply, please email your CV and Covering Letter to Lee Morris at Lee.Morris@progress-education.org.uk