A unique opening has arisen offering a chance to be a key part of the leadership team within Progress Schools at a leading Alternative Education School in Wolverhampton, as Head of School. We will be looking for passionate and ambitious individuals who can provide our young people with a safe and encouraging environment for them to learn and flourish. This role would suit someone looking to take the next step in their education career and explore management of a small setting and staff team.
We provide opportunities for children who need a safe space outside of home and who need adults around them who provide a nurturing, encouraging and supportive environment. Progress Schools are small but perfectly formed, having on average about 30-55 pupils on roll. Each school consists of a core team of 5, with 2 teachers and 2 support staff and further support provided by regional and national staff.
If successfully appointed as Head of School, you would be responsible for the day-to-day running of one of 14 schools (and growing) throughout the country. Continuing the altruistic work of the Progress Group and giving the pupils the chance to either get back into mainstream schools or progress into a sustained Post 16 pathway. Whilst also being fully supported by your Regional Headteacher, along with a range of CPD, career progression and in house training.
Benefits offered by Progress Schools:
- Progress Schools Salary (£28,228.97 to £36,592.72 dependent on experience)
- Death in service insurance
- Paid qualifications as part of a structured CPD Programme
- Maternity/Paternity Leave – After required length of service
- Gym Membership, Eye Test, Free Lunch & Nexus Benefits Programme
- Enhanced Employee Assistance Programme for Immediate Family
- Group support including annual Group conference and annual review of benefits
Expectations within the role:
- To manage at an operational level the performance of the school, being part of the Leadership team, and managing the school-based staff to ensure the expected outcomes
- Train, mentor and assist teachers and support staff with their pedagogy, teaching and behaviour management
- Manage the Programme of Studies in your school
- Ensure the school always remains compliant against the Independent School Standards
Requirements before applying to the role:
- Experience of line management ideal but not essential
- To have a degree in your chosen subject and either QTS or QTLS (or an overseas equivalent)
- Proven track record of raising attainment
Our sole focus is to help young people secure positive progressions back in mainstream schools or into Further Education or Training. Therefore, there would be further expectations to:
- Contribute to a positive ethos for learning
- Overtly promote the values and achievements of the school to the community
- To be aware of and follow the company Equality, Safeguarding and Health and Safety Policies
- Have and create high expectations of staff and students
We would love to hear from applicants who are passionate about working with young people who need support for their positive change and lead a team of peers with the same mindset.
For Further information
If you are interested in this role, in the first instance please send your CV to Andrew.Wood@Progress-schools.co.uk. You will then be asked to complete an application form.