An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the expanding Progress Careers Team. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a passion for careers guidance, be enthusiastic and have experience of working in an information, advice and guidance setting ideally with young people.
To provide professional career guidance services, including personal guidance interviews, in order to improve young people’s skills, knowledge and understanding for career planning and management.
About Progress Careers:
Progress Careers is part of the Progress Education Division within The Progress Group. Its objective is to provide high quality impartial and independent careers information, advice and guidance in a range of sectors. This centres around students within the secondary school sector but also includes those at a later point in their career pathway. The aim is to provide the tools required to make informed choices about next progression moves, whilst supporting schools and multi academy trusts (MATs) to meet their statutory requirements in relation to the Gatsby benchmarks.
- To conduct client-focused, impartial, personal career guidance interviews, supporting students / clients to make informed, realistic career decisions. Delivered in 1:1 interviews and group sessions, advisers are expected to encourage clients to demonstrate self and opportunity awareness, raise aspirations, motivate, and generate ongoing career conversations.
- To work closely with the career leads within each educational setting and to generate and maintain client records electronically in support of personal guidance interviews, including the creation and distribution of a summary of guidance.
- To hold an appropriate qualification in careers guidance (level 6 or above)
- Experience of working within an IAG setting.
- IT literate particularly around MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and capability with other technology platforms.
- Ability to work to tight time lines and able to produce high quality work whilst under pressure.
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to prioritise and manage several different work streams at once without close supervision.
- Confident with working across multiple educational settings.
- Confident with presenting to large group sizes.
- Proactive and innovative in approach, thinks ahead and anticipates and deals with issues without being prompted.
- Numerate with a strong attention to detail, sets high standards for own work
- Good communication skills including written and verbal.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with senior members of staff within schools.
- Keen to learn and develop new skills and capabilities.
- Collaborative team player, supportive of colleagues and committed to the company mission.
- Ability to demonstrate awareness and compliance with GDPR legislation
- Ability to represent Progress Careers in a professional manner at careers events
- Ability to work flexibly – potential for occasional evening responsibilities
- Experience of creating learning resources and lesson planning
- Existing registration on the CDI Professional Register
- Strong networks and awareness of provision within the relevant geographical territory
How to Apply
South Yorkshire: Click here to apply.
West Yorkshire: Click here to apply.
The Humber: Click here to apply.